Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Another day in the life...

Where to begin? Friday was a decent day. I realize that now it is actually Saturday, but close enough. Let me give you just a snapshot of today, and realize that this is pretty much the story for the past couple of weeks. It goes like this: Thursday night, I set ALL 3 of my alarms to go off at 7am (phone), 7:15 (radio), and 7:30 (more phone). This was at about 1:30am. So it was a short night. I woke up to my first alarm. Went back to sleep until the second one. Changed the third on to go off at 7:40. finally get up at 7:40. Now realize that class starts at 8. So I had 20 minutes to get up, get ready, find everything, get out to the car, scrape the ice off of it, and drive to school before class started. But, lo and behold I made it there just at 8:00. I looked at my clock, and it said exactly 8. So yeah, the point is, I was tired.
I got through the lecture time for the day (4 hours), and then it was time for lunch, and more studies afterwards. Ironically, I actually tried to take a nap when I cam home for lunch, but I couldn't sleep. Possibly all of the coffee that got me thru lecture had something to do with it.
So I spent the majority of the afternoon and evening and night at school reading about biochemistry. I also was introduced to some drink from Starbuck's called, say, Cafe Americano or Late Americano, or something "Americano". Supposedly it had a lot of caffeine in it. I believe it. But it helped me study for a while. They say that caffeine stimulates your brain in a similar way to drugs like Ritalin, and that helps you focus. Well, I think they're right, cause I was FOCUSED. Seriously, I was on a roll, until it wore off. Although come to think of it, maybe it hasn't totally worn off yet. I'm kind of on a roll right now.
Actually, I did have a really productive day, after I finally go up. Tomorrow, though, I'm not setting an alarm (let alone three). And I'll probably try to be productive, but Notre Dame plays Navy, and I have a ticket, and I'm probably going. Actually I am going. So there goes being productive tomorrow.


A closing story: Two micelles were dropped in a bucket of cream. The first micelle did nothing. But that second micelle got stirred around, and around, and around, until it engulfed the first micelle. I AM that second micelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment