Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Monday, November 19, 2007

Transition

So, a lot has happened since my last post. Most notably is the fact that today was the first day of another 'block'. What that means is that another class is over! Which is great. I'm pretty sure that I passed, cause I think I would have had to get about a 20 percent on the final to fail. I guess that is a possibility, but really only if all of biochemistry got revised overnight. And since I think they would have bothered to tell us that (or maybe I would have seen something about it on the internet), I don't think that that happened.
Anyway, I started histology today. For those who don't know, histology is the study of tissues. And it is EXCITING! Just kidding, its really not that exciting. It involves looking a microscope slides, pictures of microscope slides, and theoretically it involves making microscope slides. But we don't get to make any microscope slides. Because this is medical school so ^obviously^ we don't need to know how to do that...
The teacher for the class is not from South Bend. They had to bring in somebody from Fort Wayne because for some reason (that nobody will talk about...I wonder why?) the old histology teacher "resigned" last year. Anyway, so far the class is kind of ridiculous. The guy came in, didn't tell us his name, didn't give us a syllabus or anything like that, started talking about his "laser disc" that has all of these pictures on it, and then launches right into lecture. So, at that point, I didn't know his name, what we were doing, or really anything that you might want to know before you start a class. So, great day... We did finally find out what book we're using, and that we do, in fact need it. I guess I should amend that. I finally found out what book we're using. Our class representatives found out awhile ago, and went over to the Notre Dame bookstore to make sure that they would order it so they had it when we were all looking for it.
Guess what? They didn't have it. So we have ordered it off of Amazon.com, and supposedly it will be here tomorrow. We'll see.
Good times. On the positive side of life, this is only a 3 day week, we have our first intramural basketball game tonight, and we had this speaker come in at noon today who is a general trauma surgeon, and got me convinced that I want to be a general trauma surgeon (of course I have thought that after every speaker they've have come in...)

No comments:

Post a Comment