Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back to it...

Today was the first clinical day of the program that I'm doing this summer. Yesterday we had an orientation for a few hours, and then today (and for the rest of the week) they had me with a urologist basically just watching what he does. It was definitely a different experience to be in the hospital versus just sitting at a desk reading.
To begin with, I had to actually go somewhere (the hospital). Also, I had to look professional, which includes shirt, tie and white coat (what more could you really ask for). In addition, I was actually seeing patients, instead of just reading about the Krebs cycle or something else equally as esoteric (although we did discuss the Krebs cycle this morning...).
Now, I don't know that I will end up being a urologist, but from the one day that I've seen of it, it doesn't seem too bad. We will see how things go...one day isn't very long. But I have to go, because tomorrow I'm getting up bright and early, and I get to sit in on a surgery with the da Vinci machine (it's a robot!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment