Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 2

After two days of classes, I'm starting to think that this year isn't going to be all that bad... of course, we've had at least one lecture canceled both days, and we haven't gotten any farther into anything than just introductions... but you might say that I'm trying to look at the bright side of things. Actually, I'm sure that things will pick up drastically from here, but compared to the first couple of days of school last year, I'm feeling extremely relaxed...

So, this year is the second of the two "preclinical" years, but its also kind of a transition year, where in addition to lots of lectures and book-learning, we also spend quite a bit of time in hospitals and learning our clinical skills. For example, last year we learned how to take a good medical history, and this year, we are learning how to do a physical exam. We also have to learn CPR, suturing, stuff about wound care, etc. Our center's director came in today and gave us this big talk about the year, and he said that we would probably like this year a whole lot more than we did last year, and that there probably wouldn't be quite as much studying, which was good to hear. Of course, I am skeptical.

Well, I said that I would post some more pictures from vacation, so I guess that I'm going to go ahead and do that now... well, at least a few of the good ones.
 
 
Coming in from fishing
 
Rowing the canoe
 
There is a fish in there somewhere

That's just a few of the ones that I think came out looking good...

Anyway, I think that it's time for me to get back to enjoying the Olympics... maybe someday I'll reach my Olympic dreams! Which consist almost entirely of ping pong table tennis and Christopher Waulken as my coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment