Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Red Light, Green Light

I'm spending some time today reviewing psychiatry--in light of that, I have a story to tell.

Here we go: I was driving home a couple of days ago, at about 9pm. I pulled up next to a car at a red light. I guess I pulled up a little fast for some reason. Well, anyway, I looked over at the car next to me, and the guy in it was also looking over at me. We kind of made eye contact, which was a little odd, but I didn't think much of it at the time. Of import, he was the only one in his car. Also important, his appearance would probably be best described as "an unkempt middle-aged man". Well, I was just sitting in my car waiting for the light to turn green, when I heard this guy yelling, "get OUT of my car, bitch!". Being the ever-observant person that I am, I thought to myself, "isn't he the only one in that car?" (he was). So I looked over. And when I did, he was looking right back at me, kind of grinning while getting a cigarette out, and he said to me, "I do a LOT of drugs... want to have a party?" To which I replied, "Not really".

This story doesn't really have a denoument--basically, at that point the light turned green, and I wished him a good evening, and drove home.

1 comment:

  1. lol, that's nice. One time I was starting an IV on one of my neurological patients when he got very belligerent and demanded that I, "Stop playing with the dogs!"

    Hey, I'm reading The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat. It's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete