Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Earlier this week, my attending anesthesiologist gave me the "fist pound" after I successfully intubated a patient. Not gonna lie, this was some of the best "positive feedback" I've ever gotten!

So, based on that, this week was a success! Plus, we had a patient ask if she was going to get the "Michael Jackson medicine" for her surgery... She did, because almost everyone does for surgery. But of course there's monitoring and such, so even though something bad might happen, usually everything goes fine.

So, it was a great week for me. Anyway, all this "fist pounding" reminds me of the guy from the Bahamas in my statistics class in undergrad who always wanted to "pound it, dog, cause that's sweet, like a diabetic can't have!" This was later shortened to "Pound it like a diabetic", a phrase which has yet to "catch on" with the general public. Diabetes (and it's associated testing supplies), on the other hand, has certainly caught on.

No comments:

Post a Comment