Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

#1 Goal

So today, I had a mini-shift in the pediatric ER here in town as part of my "outpatient pediatrics" month. Anyway, I walked in like normal, and introduced myself to the staff, and the first thing one of the attending ER docs said to me was, "just try not to kill anyone while you're here". Initially I wasn't sure if this was supposed to 'put me in my place' or if he was just being, um, jovial. So I kind of chuckled and said to him, "Well, that's always one of my main goals." Anyway, some of the residents and nurses overheard this exchange, and started laughing (which I interpreted as a sign that this guy probably wasn't trying to be mean), and so he started telling everybody about this little ritual he does every day before work that includes "not killing anyone" at the top of the list.

Anyway, I thought that was probably not a bad idea, and perhaps I'll adopt such a ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment