Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's not like it's brain surgery, or anything

It's been soooooooo long since I wrote! (Oops!)

Anyway, here's the deal: Since last we met (or read, or wrote, or whatever), I have finished my rotation in Psychiatry. There, I learned that we're all a little crazy in our own way--not on the curriculum, but definitely true. Since I was at the VA hospital, I also learned a lot about the military.

Anyway, after that, I left for an extraordinary weekend in North Dakota. Unfortunately, it's quite flat there. Fortunately, there IS something called the "Fargodome", which is pretty awesome in my opinion!! Regardless of that, I did have a pretty good reason to be there.

After I dragged myself onto my flight back to Indy (kicking and screaming, I might add--or might not, as the case may be), my next rotation started off with a bang this Monday. Right now, I'm on the "Neurosensory" clerkship, but what that really means is I'm on the Neurosurgery team, which is pretty awesome, if I do say so. For example, I want you to look this up, and tell me it's not awesome: conscious open craniotomy. They did that, and I was there. Tell me how that isn't awesome. Also, I actually got to assist on two cases today (hooray!).

So, that's my life. Living the dream... :)

And racking up the debt... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment