Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Sunday, August 26, 2007

A slight change of pace

Being Saturday, today was little different from the routine. I woke up a couple of hours later for one thing. So that started the day off right. I was supposed to be getting my internet connection set up today between 10am and 1pm. So I got up for that, and waited around at home while I studied, until the guy from Comcast finally showed up at 1:35pm. I guess that's what you expect.
Anyway, after he set up my internet, he left, and then I went on over to the med school building to do some dissecting that my partner and I hadn't finished yesterday. For about 4 hours... It wasn't really that bad, but it was a lot of time to spend dissecting when I would have like to be either a) studying, or b) going to the laundromat. I did end up studying later tonight, but not going to the laundromat.
Now, that may seem like an insignificant detail to you, but its a bigger one to me. I haven't had to worry about GOING to do my laundry before. Now, doing laundry is kind of a big time commitment. Anyways, I still need to do it. It just takes some getting used to.
One thing that I have not mentioned as of yet is that pretty much all I can think about right now is studying. If I'm not actually doing it, I'm thinking about it. I even woke up dreaming about arteries and veins and what not this morning. I never had to study so hard before, except one time, we had a big animal biology lab exam, and we studied like crazy for it. Like days and days, and we knew it backwards and forwards. I've got to tell you, I got a 100 on that exam (my shining moment). So far, school is like that, except every day and night, and I don't think I know anything backwards and forwards, and I don't think getting a 100% is even a remote possibility.
It is nice to know, though, that I'm finally doing what I've been planning and hoping to do for 5 or 6 years. I guess I'll probably feel differently in a few months or something, but I am really happy to finally be starting in medicine, as opposed to biology.

No comments:

Post a Comment