Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Human lab rat

I spent the better portion of my day in the anatomy lab. After I draged myself out of bed and over to the school, we had a real quick "lecture", and then we headed down to the lab at about 9:30 am or so. We were looking at the forearm, and it was pretty sweet. It was a long time though. I didn't leave that room until about 2:10 pm, when I went home real fast for lunch, and then came back real quick to do some more in the anatomy lab, and then have Intro to Clinical Medicine (a class) dinner. So I had those things.
My thought for the day is that anatomy is hard. I had to get up in front of the class and ID some structures from a wrist X-ray this morning, and although I got some things right, there were some I had no idea. That is emblematic of anatomy in general, and I think the only way for me personally to learn it will be to spend even more time with the material. Oh well.
Since I'm so smart (not), I can have two thoughts for the day (wow!). My second thought is that people who think they know everything are just about the most irritating people in the world. Not that I know any of those people. And also, if you think that that is me, I apologize, I had no idea it could be like that. I have become aware of that in the past two or three days, and I am now working to try and not be like that.
Goodnight. I am going to go and "seize the night", which in latin might be carpe noct, or carpe nocti, or something like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment