Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm not sure WHY it happened, but I'm glad THAT it happened

So, since we last met, I've been a little busy. There's just a lot of stuff going on. And its not even ALL school! Actually, I should say, it isn't even all studying. I even went to the USC game on Saturday.
But there's a lot of that going on too. I just had my first biochemistry test this afternoon, for example. I should mention right now, biochemistry isn't easy, but so far it's not as bad as anatomy.
But that's not what I want to write about. Actually it is kind of about school, but not biochemistry. I have a "Behavioral Medicine" class. And sometimes we have guest lecturers. We had one today. I actually had met him a week ago (and he seemed like one of those people that talks a LOT, like a salesman or something), and so I knew when I walked in the room that it was going to be quite the lecture. Anyway, this man is an ER doc, and like I said, I really don't now what he was there to tell us about. He talked about a couple of cases, one of which was a relative of his. But the entire time, he kept making jokes about the "9 clinical competencies", the stoplights in Kokomo on your way to Indianapolis, the neighbors, etc. Maybe you had to be there. He also told some people in my class they were "too combative", and "too serious", which was funny, cause they didn't like it.

That was at 8 am. It was one of those days, when you don't want to wake up (name that tune... for $1). The point is, it wasn't at all what I was expecting, and it was hilarious. And I was glad I went to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment