Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Good News

So it is that we come to the end of another weekend... Almost time for Monday! One real good thing that happened this weekend was that I got my score for the national Gross Anatomy test. I won't tell you what I got on it, but I can say that I'm now just about positive that I passed Gross Anatomy! Which is great. 'Cause, like I've said before, it was the one class that I REALLY wasn't looking forward to (and now it's over).
But that doesn't mean that now I get to slack off. My prof sent us this quote along with the email telling us to go get our scores, and I liked it. It goes:
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Winston Churchill
I liked it. Its a good reminder that no matter what happens, there's no reason to get too down about things, but at the same time, if things go well, you shouldn't get too complacent or lazy either. So at this point the goal is just to keep working hard, and doing the best that I can.

Tangentially, another interesting quote from anatomy is;
"Gentlemen, damn the sphenoid bone!" - Dr. Oliver Wendell Homes, Sr. (Professor of Anatomy at Harvard Univ., and father of the Supreme Court Justice, OWH, Jr.)

No comments:

Post a Comment