Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

NOOOOOO!

Well, medical school is finally back in full swing. We finally started all of our classes, got all these awesome new books (as well as a stack of outlines of pathology lectures that measures about a foot high), and even spent time studying! I've got to start studying at least a little... we've got our first exam in just about one week. Of course I won't bore you with all the details, but it is in neurology, in case you were wondering.

Something that happened yesterday that may be interesting to some of you might find interesting (and will let me show off my sensitive side...whatever that means...) is that I did a little "poetry reading" to kick off the first-years' gross anatomy lab experience. They all went down to the lab for the first time, and the professor kind of said some stuff about how they want to respect the people that donated their bodies to science and everything, and then I read this poem (I hesitate to call it that though, because none of it rhymed--ok there was some "almost rhyme"--and also there wasn't a regular meter) called "Bodies of Knowledge" which is kind of a good name, but at the same time its a little bit creepy.

Basically, at this point, I am wishing I could just bypass this whole year and go straight to the clinical rotations of third year. But I doubt that will happen...

On an unrelated note, there is a billboard here in South Bend that says "Tell the recession where to go." You guessed it, its a advertisement for Miller Light...

1 comment:

  1. yeah, i've seen that ad (well, not that one in particular). those high life ads are great.

    IF you EVER need another poem to read in anatomy lab (especially while studying neuro) here's one I'll let you borrow:

    there once was a man from peru/
    with a schwann cell big as a shoe!/
    everyone was amazed at his nodes of ranvier/
    so he gave them to me and to you!


    *tear*

    ReplyDelete