Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Saturday, September 6, 2008

If I had a helicopter, I would name it Pylori

 
Yesterday was quite the day. As you can see from the picture above, there was a helicopter involved. We had a pretty normal morning, just lecture (during which I successfully stayed awake!!) about well-child exams (read: boring...), but in the afternoon we had a big talk about EMS (emergency medical services), which includes a lot of people, but the talk was mostly about EMT's and paramedics and what they do out in "the field" before people come in to the hospital. It also includes flight paramedics. Hence the helicopter. 
 
So after the talking was over, they brought the Medflight helicopter and an ambulance over to the medical school, and we got to see those, so that was cool. They also wanted to make sure everybody knew what happened when they put someone on a back-board, so they wanted a volunteer for that... I guess I kind of had to do it. So I got "backboarded" (like waterboarding... its not fun!). I hope I never have to have that happen again. It was one of the most uncomfortable experiences I've ever had where I wasn't actually in any pain, it was just that bad it other ways (so, maybe a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea).
 
Anyway, the helicopter was pretty awesome. I mean, who doesn't love helicopters? After that was all over, I went home and studied for awhile...
 
But (remember that epiphany I talked about?), in my quest to have a life outside of medical school, I didn't study all night. I went to the Bethel College (stone temple!!) Pilots soccer game. They lost, but that was OK, because I wasn't studying. And to further my quest, I'm going to the home opener for Notre Dame football this afternoon versus San Diego State. Maybe the Irish can win more than a couple games this year...?

No comments:

Post a Comment