Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Will work for DSLR...

As of this evening, I am back in South Bend, where I plan on using the few days that I have left of fall break to watch the World Series, continue to catch up on sleep, and generally enjoy not having class.

Recently, I have had a ton of time to do things that I don't usually get to do, one of those that I really enjoy is playing with my camera. So, I went back in Merry Lea a few times, and I took a bunch of pictures, and even a few that I like that I feel like are worth sharing. So here we go... :)

To begin with, its fall, so I tried to find some good-looking leaves, and this is the best I could find:


















While walking around that day, I noticed that it was a pretty sunny day, and--being the wannabe "artist" that I am, I wanted to try playing with the light and the leaves, and so this is my favorite of the results of that:


















The next day, it rained, which gave me an opportunity to take a different set of pictures. Unfortunately some of those did not come out so well, but I was able to take a few that I was pretty happy with. Here is my favorite:


















Then earlier today, I was back, and this time, there were animals. Namely, amphibians! To start out with, there was a large salamander on the road:


















After that, there was a nice little frog (I say nice, because it was kind cold enough not to hop away from my camera)

















There are some rumors floating around about badgers living in Merry Lea, and in fact, I did see an animal that could have been a badger. Unfortunately, I didn't get a real good look at it, and no pictures at all. So maybe there's badgers out there. Either that, or bigfoot.

P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg

1 comment:

  1. Okay...did you REALLY take those photos!?!? They are amazing! ~nance

    ReplyDelete