Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Friday, November 7, 2008

Can I just LIVE at the Holiday Inn Express?

This afternoon I had a "Clinical Skills Assessment", which means that I got evaluated on my physical examination skills for the head, eyes, ears, nose and throat, as well as the neurological exam. I've spent the last couple of months learning how to do this stuff, so it was no big deal, but they want to make sure that we actually know what we're doing (imagine that!).

Anyway, it was no big deal, I passed and everything (meaning I did everything they wanted me to do), but that (among other things) has kind of made me think--I kind of know what to do to figure out what's wrong with people. Which is pretty exciting for me, considering that after 5 and (almost) a half years after high school, I almost know how to do the job I'm training for! I guess "almost" may be premature, because I still have a lot to learn, but my point is, I feel pretty good about things right now, and regardless of whether I get the best grades in the class or whether I just get solidly-passing grades in the middle of the class (which may or may not bother a perfectionist--not that I know any!), I know what I'm doing. Anyway, its a good feeling. Because, in the end, its important that I know what I'm doing, not that I pad my ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment