Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Twenty-Three

Earlier today, I was at the gym, and I heard a song on the radio, and in that song, it says "nobody likes you when you're twenty-three, and you still act like you're in freshman year...". Anyway, that got me thinking; I'm twenty-three! Do I act like I'm in freshman year? And second (if yes), does nobody like me? (don't answer that... ;) ) And thirdly, what other songs out there are about being twenty-three?

So I thought long and hard about that (hey, I get bored when I run sometimes...), and I came up with at least a couple. And since in addition to being Tuesday, this is also my half-birthday (but you remembered that, right?), I decided to share them with all four of you that read this the world! So here we go!

Number 1: "What's My Age Again" by Blink 182. Again, listen to the part where he says; "nobody likes you when you're twenty-three, and you still act like you're in freshman year".

Number 2: "Pardon Me" by Incubus. Listen for the part where he says something like; "I never thought I would be, at twenty-three, on the verge of spontaneous combustion. Woe-is-me." Actually it's right at the beginning, so that one shouldn't be that hard.

Number 3: This one's actually called "Twenty Three", and it's by Yellowcard. To be honest, I don't really know this song, and the only way I found it was searching it on Google.

Now, I've tried to make other song lists in the past, but it never got too far. As a matter of fact, I tried to make a list of songs about drugs in honor of taking my pharmacology final in December, but that fizzled, because the only songs I could think of that weren't about illicit drugs like cocaine, heroin (arguably), or marijuana was "Manic Depression" by Jimi Hendrix, which isn't really about a drug, and the only connection is that you might treat manic depression (AKA Bipolar disorder) with lithium, which IS a drug. So that list never made it. Til now. And the only other list I'm working on is an ongoing compilation of "pathology food analogies", which just might turn your stomach if I ever decided to put it on here. For the record, cottaged cheese IS on the list, but I'll leave it at that.

Any way, I hope you've enjoyed my semi-mindless rambling. If you want something a little more intellectual, I suggest you download the new Google Earth, and look at the bottom of the ocean (its a new feature), or perhaps the surface of Mars, or the Crab nebula. Or if you're feeling "Ivy League", chech out this video from Harvard University that shows you the complex inner workings of the cell (complete with musical score).

Well, it's been fun. But now, I must go, because I've got to get to bed so I can make it to lecture at 8am tomorrow... I think they're talking about Pap smears, which I assure you, are no fun for anyone, including medical students.

No comments:

Post a Comment