Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Why are they called cartoons, anyway?

First of all, I'm feeling political, so here's George W. Bush as a monkey...

I hope you all like it ;)


Since last we met, I've been spending a whole lot of time studying. Exciting, right? I also got clearance to schedule my third year rotations, which is pretty exciting. They sent me this whole big grid of the different options, all color coded, with two-letter abbreviations for everything, which instantly made ME feel like a monkey (and also gave me a headache). So, sometime in the next month or so, I've got to get all of that figured out.

In other news, since I'm still in my preclinical years, that means that I still get spring break, which is coming up in about two weeks! The big news for spring break this year is that Mr. Matt is going to Washington, namely for the AMA's "Medical Student/Resident Lobby Day" in Washington, DC. Which means I'll be heading to the capitol, and meeting with my representatives about issues in health care--I've been told they already have me scheduled in. So, we'll see what we can get done in, um... one day.

In case you WERE wondering, according to the Online Etymology Dictonary, "cartoon" is from the French "carton", meaning "strong, heavy paper, pasteboard," thus "preliminary sketches made by artists on such paper". So, depending on how you feel about the French, you may want to reconsider watching that Family Guy episode someone just "shared" with you on The Pirate Bay...

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you $20 you don't see a political cartoon of Obama as a monkey! (In a reputable publication anyway...) That kind of reminds me: The day after the elections, I had the pleasure of caring for an overtly racist individual. It was definitely one of the most awkward shifts I've had in a long time. Most unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete