Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Band Names

Oh my, has this been a monumentous week, or what? Why is that, you ask? Well, I'll tell you why. Because this week, I had my final lecture of second year. That means that all that separates me from being done with my "preclinical" years of med school is a few final exams, and the USMLE Step 1. So, no this should be a walk in the park from here till June...

And I hear that third year is great. I hear that everyone in the hospital loves medical students, and so I'm expecting everyone will be really nice to me there, especially my attendings. I've also heard that nurses really like medical students. I also heard that the work isn't all that hard, you rarely have to stay late, and we're encouraged to wear Heelys to work in.


And then I woke up...

Well, I don't know about the Heelys part, I haven't really asked. But as far as I know, none of the other stuff is true :(.

But on the positive side of life, at least its Saturday. Which means, of course, that instead of studying with/being distracted by other people at school, or the library, or wherever I end up going to study tonight, I get to study by myself.

Umm... yes... that is on the positive side of life... ...I love medicine.

While I'm rambling... I spend a lot of time reading about psychiatry last week. Well, I doubt I'm the first one to realize this, but there are a TON of good band names that you could come up with from psychiatry. For example, how could you argue with a band called "Clang"? Now, most of the ones I thought of would really only work for something like a trance/techno group. The best one I came up with was "A Brief Reactive Psychosis". (BTW, I'm looking for members...) I fully expect that would go platinum (or, would it go "Lithium"?!) in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment