Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The final countdown

I'm currently in the middle of a few lectures on psychiatry. Well, I'm not physically IN them right now, but you know what I mean... anyway, I was sitting in lecture, and the psychiatrist talking to us made a big deal about the difference between "delusions" and "illusions". Well, there's also something called "flight of the conchords ideas", and I think I've got that one. Because it's basically that when you're talking to a patient, you can't really follow their train of thought.

Why do I say I've got it? Well, because the entire time I was reading about "illusions", all I could think was: "They're illusions, Michael." And if I said anything, no one would be able to follow my train of thought... not that that's never happened before... or since.

1 comment:

  1. I had a patient who often spoke in clang association. It was really interesting. He also thought that he was a preacher, so he would go off about demons, etc. He always called me a marine. One time he told me, "You better get a haircut, marine, or your wife is gonna slap you!" No clang association there, but it was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete