Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Monday, June 1, 2009

The Sampson Approach to Medicine

It's no big secret just exactly what the Sampson Approach is. If you've ever been to Sunday school (or just wanted a good excuse not to get a haircut), then you know that Sampson was really strong, because he didn't cut his hair (or drink wine, and some other things...the so-called "Nazarite vow", or whatever). Well, I didn't take a Nazarite vow, and I don't think any angels appeared with extraordinary instructions for my parents before I was born (note to my parents: if that did happen, it'd be nice to know), but I have been taking the Sampson Approach to medicine for the last month or so. (hint: if you capitalize things, they become real)

I say all that to say this: I've been preparing for the last month or two pretty hard-core for this exam I have in a couple of days, and I haven't had a haircut or shaved in about a month or so. I'm hoping that like it did for Sampson, this will improve my performance.

It may strike the reader that I have chosen the wrong biblical character to emulate in hopes of doing well on an exam, and that in fact I should have chosen Solomon. I would have done so, but it is much more difficult to get God to appear to you in a dream than it is to not get a haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment