Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thought for the Day

This past Friday, actually, but I just remembered it this afternoon!

While watching the Stanley Cup Finals Game 7, we became inordinately interested in just who this "Stanley" was (possibly because hockey is too confusing to figure out). Turns out it was Lord Stanley (of Preston, whatever that is).

Which got me to thinking; how awesome would it be to have the name "Lord"? The answer to my question is, of course, 'very awesome'. I already have a name though, unfortunately.

My thought is this: why not name a child Lord? Or better yet, multiple children? They could have separate middle names, and even go by them. For example: Lord John Tomcik, or Lord Jane Tomcik would probably go by John or Jane. But it those rare instances where you have to go by your given first name, they would have to be called Lord Tomcik.

Perhaps a less child-scarring-for-life thing to do would be to get a dog and name it Lord Tomcik, but where's the fun in that?

Maybe if any of the women having babies during my obstetrics rotation this month need last-minute ideas for baby names, I'll just throw this out there and see how it goes over...

No comments:

Post a Comment