Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wide receiver's gloves wanted!

Just a quick update... Here we go! I'm still doing the gynecology oncology service, and liking it for the most part. I'm enjoying the fact that I'm not reading books all day for sure. It's a bit depressing since everyone has cancer. But maybe I could write a song like this one except about cancer instead.

Probably the biggest adjustment to third year from my point of view is the fact that I have to get up at about 5am or earlier every day, which is quite the switch from the "night person" that I'd kind of become... I mean, it's not a huge deal, but it's definitely a change.

Anyway, I have my very first night of being "on call" tonight in the Labor and Delivery suite, which I'm sure will be a "learning" experience.

In other news, I'm still waiting to find out what my USMLE Step 1 score was. It's supposedly coming out in a couple of weeks... I guess I'd just like to see it, so I can see just how competitive I'll be in matching into a residency, and if my dreams of neurosurgery or orthopedics are plausible or if maybe I'd be better off having a dissociative fugue and trying again as if I was someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment