Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Monday, June 29, 2009

I am still doing pretty much the same thing that I was doing the last time I wrote. That is, still making the rounds as a member of the gyn/onc team. You might say that I'm getting used to the hospital. I'm still getting used to my new role as an MS3, which I assume will take all the way until the end of the year to really get used to, at which time I will be a 4th year...

I'm also getting used to my alarm clocks going off at 4:50, 4:52, 4: 55, 4:57, 5:00 am, etc. Great fun.

That aside, I'm already working on figuring out what I want to be when I grow up. I hesitate to write about it for the world to see, but suffice it to say that I have top men working on it I'm working on it.

My one little anecdote for the day is what happened in the OR a couple of days ago... the surgeon removed a mass, and told me that I should "cut it open and look at it" before it was sent to pathology to be analyzed. Well, being the good med student that I am, I took said mass to a table in the room. While I was carrying it, I thought to myself, "Self, this feels like it's got some fluid in it". Unfortunately, that thought didn't prompt me to open it in some kind of container. I just decided to cut it open on the table. So, picture me cutting open a water balloon with a scalpel. Next, picture me cutting open a water balloon filled with bloody, serous fluid that went all over the place. Because that's about what happened. 

1 comment:

  1. good stuff. it's time to put some hustle behind that intellectual muscle you've been amassing the last couple of years. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete