Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm just going to go with a little laundry list of what I've been up to recently (no Pulitzer prize for Matt--but I'm willing to accept that). Here we go!

Delivery! I finally did my first delivery, where I actually, physically caught the baby! I wouldn't say I've "found my calling" in OB/GYN, but I will say that was one of the most satisfying things I've done since starting med school.

24 hour call! In this context (OB/GYN) it means staying at the hospital for 24 hours waiting for pregnant women to come in for whatever reason. So, um, yeah, its not a ton of fun. But I guess it comes with the territory. That, and I feel like Jack Bauer.

I have to get up at ungodly hours of the morning... Not exactly my cup o' tea. But at least this means I have NO trouble falling asleep at night. Or the afternoon. Or mid-morning. Or exactly noon.

I've been regreting my lack of foreign-language skills, particularly spanish. Enough said. But I have learned a lot about using translators. Did you know that when you are talking to someone with a translator, you're not supposed to look at the translator at all?

I guess that's about all. I've got less than a week left of this clerkship, and then I move on to Anesthesia/Surgical subspecialty. I would tell you what surgical subspecialty, but I don't know yet. I did preference Orthopedics though.

No comments:

Post a Comment