Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Why can't we all just get along?!

Apparently, I've crash-landed into the perennial feud between nurses and medical students.

Now that I've transitioned from my orthopedic surgery rotation at the county hospital (where all the prisoners and people from "low socioeconomic status" go) to my general surgery rotation at the tertiary referral center for children, I've noticed a stark contrast between the two. For example, one of my (lofty, I know) goals every day is to avoid getting yelled at. Well, I can't honestly think of any times I was yelled at on my last rotation, but I can definitely tell you I've been yelled at now! I doubt it's because I've suddenly become incompetent. Anyway, as always... I didn't even do anything wrong!

I'll spare you my rant about professionalism, truth, justice, and the American way. I will say I don't enjoy getting yelled at.

And for inspiration, I listen to "The Fray" every morning on my way to the hospital. Just kidding, now I have to be in so early that the BBC World Service is still on the radio when I leave... Nothing like a good London accent to wake you up in the morning. Though I don't know HOW they wake up in the morning over there if all the drink is tea--no coffee!?

1 comment:

  1. Just remember when you're a doc how unpleasant it is to be yelled at.

    ReplyDelete