Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

LTD

Well, I'm just hanging out, still making my way through the wide world of pediatrics (which, unfortunately does not have an iconic opening video montage), currently on the edge of my seat, hoping to avoid flu of any kind (swine or otherwise).

Not to worry though, I was pretty ill in September. Well, actually, all the time, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, the big news here, is that I've finally started my "externship" in one of the emergency rooms here in town. So, I had my first shift this past Sunday. They kept me busy for sure, and while it was definitely a typical "first day" experience (how do I clock in?, where is everything?, who's in charge?, etc.), I think it went pretty well. I'll keep you posted on whether I continue to like working there as time goes on, since emergency medicine is something I'm considering for a career. Anyway, I'm scheduled to work this Sunday as well. (Yeah, it's a very part time gig)

That's about it. Otherwise, I'm enjoying the fall (currently very happy to be living in an apartment so I don't have to rake leaves) but dreading the winter... I had to scrape ice of my windshield for the first time a couple of days ago. I don't think I'm quite ready for all of that yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment