Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Monday, August 27, 2007

The benefits of exercise

Earlier this evening, I went for a jog. I was very pleased with myself. I enjoy jogging, but when I get busy, I usually tend to put it off. Consequently, I hadn't been out since last Thursday--not the way to maintain any kind of physical fitness. Be that as it may, after I got back, I was thinking about jogging, and I think it has benefits in addition to just being "good for you".

First, it lets you "get out", and see new parts of the world. Or possibly just different parts than where you usually might be. Second, it let's you become more familiar with you surroundings. When you drive by something, you can't really LOOK at it. But when you jog by, you go slower (at least I do), and you can really look. That may not sound too important, and it may not ever be that critical to survival, but I think that it is important to be aware of your surroundings, and going for a jog allows you to that better.

Some more thoughts on the day are that:
  1. I think I pretty much failed my anatomy quiz. It wasn't that it was so hard, it was just over a lot of things, and I think I just emphasized studying the things that weren't on the quiz.
  2. I went to the laundromat today, and I rediscovered how much I hate doing laundry.
  3. There's a guy that comes around my neighborhood on a bike and goes "dumpster-diving" (actually this is about Saturday but oh well) at the house across the road (they're remodeling it so there's a dumpster there), and on Saturday, I was sitting on my porch, and I watched him pull this big tank out (like an air compressor tank), and I thought he was going to carry it away on his bike. He didn't, he just took it apart and took part of it, but it would have been funny to see a guy riding around with that on a bike. In a related note, you can probably imagine why he's doing that in the first place.
  4. I think I may be the world's slowest reader.
On that note, I retire. To my study. To study.

No comments:

Post a Comment