Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Adventures in the Laboratory

Well, it's been another long day of studying at the ol' IUSM-SB. Probably about 5-7 hours in lab, and some others in lecture/Team Based Learning (read: waste of time). Its been a long, day, and really the only thing on my mind is sleeping, and the fact that I have not yet learned what I need to learn.

Good news, though, I was in the lab tonight, and some of us were looking around at structures and things, and my professor, Dr. Dave, walks in, and pulls three of us out of the room (we're all three in the same lab group with one other guy), and says that he wants to let us go to see these operations that are going to be happening on Friday, on the areas of the body we're learning about right now. So, I guess I get to go observe an operation on Friday instead of go to lecture. Which is cool, cause I don't really like lecture, but I think I'll be able to learn a ton from seeing an operation done, especially now that I've got some kind of background (and I've seen operations in the past and they were sweet).

Alright, well in closing, let me tell you a story:

In a small village, there was a donkey. And one day the donkey got chased by a coyote, and it ran so fast, and couldn't see where it was going, and see where the coyote was at the same time, and so it fell into a well. Well, the villagers tried to rescue the donkey, but to no avail. Unfortunately, the donkey's braying and struggling were very loud, and so to end the donkeys misery, the villagers decided to fill in the well around the donkey. But this donkey was no jackass. With every shovelful of dirt the villagers threw in, she would climb up just a little bit higher. And higher, and higher, and higher, until finally, the villagers had filled up the well. The donkey was on level ground, and she just walked away, unharmed, but for a few bumps and bruises from the fall.

2 comments:

  1. Your anatomy class sounds tough (suprise?). I'm always amazed at how much anatomy the Docs know, even stuff that's not in their specialty. So, keep it up. Don't let the man get you down. Oh yeah, I'm working on declaring a music minor. I've already got a tuba, now I'm just working on selling it to Angela. I think it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not too much of a surprise. I guess the goal is to know almost EVERYTHING. I'm sure I can get through it, but wow, there are a lot of things to keep straight. Or branching, depending on what structure it is...
    Also, just tell Angela that you think playing the tuba will help your relationship. She'll TOTALLY buy it.

    ReplyDelete