Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sober Moment

Earlier today, I had what you might call a sober moment. That is, of course, if I were an alcoholic. As it is, I'm a med student, and it was more of a "why am I so stressed about this stuff?" moment. I was driving over to the school for a "make-up" lecture session that my professor was gonna do for the four of us that went to see surgeries on Friday and missed lecture, and I just thought to myself, "Hey, why aren't you happier right now? There's no reason not to be." Well, there really wasn't. Or isn't. I mean, I've got a lot of stuff to do, but isn't this what I signed up for? Anyway, I was a lot happier after that. It may sound like something really small to all excited about, but it was really an epiphany for me (of sorts).

1 comment:

  1. Matt - I am so proud of you as I read this. That you can get a grip and be your own cheerleader...is nothing short of amazing. Makes me know you are going to make it...even on the tough days. Hang in there! We are all cheering for you and praying for you!
    Love, Nance

    ReplyDelete