Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thank You, and Goodnight

Earlier today I was subjected to the harrowing experience of lab clean-up. While not a fun experience, lab clean-up really means that I am done with anatomy lab! Of course, it also means that I am done with anatomy lab... (in a bad way). I enjoyed anatomy lab. In fact, I spent about 5 hours extra time yesterday on my own looking at things that we didn't have a chance to see in the scheduled lab time.

Dissection is a rewarding activity, and though it was a stressful thing at times to HAVE to dissect and do other studying at the same time, there is no replacing the experience that real-live dissection can provide.

I suppose now it is time for me to 'wax poetic' about donating your body to science, and how great that is. Obviously it is not for everyone. Having done what I have now done, I don't think that I would want to do it, nor would I advise anyone else to do it unless they really wanted to (donate their body). But, that said, I am really grateful that someone was willing to let some stranger (me) use his body in the pursuit of learning medicine.

This evening, as a class, we went over to the "Grotto" at Notre Dame, and lit a candle for each of our cadavers, and had a moment of silence to honor them. I was glad that we did that, even though it took away time that could have been spent studying for the big test of Friday, because it gave a sense of closure to the whole experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment