Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

If you don't like the weather now...

We all know the saying. 'If you don't like the weather in Indiana, just wait a couple of minutes!' That's definitely true today (except in reverse). This morning it was nice and warm, and even all through the day it was warm. Then tonight came, an it's cold, snowing, windy (I love winter!) and my car had ice on both the outside and the inside of the windows when I was coming home tonight. Which was awesome. It's times like these when I think to myself, "Matt, you COULD have gone to school somewhere warm. Good work!"

Big news. I joined the AMA-MSS (American Medical Association-Medical Student Section) today! Which pretty much rules. Actually, I'm not sure just how great it is, but I do get a "free" Stedman's medical dictionary (the best one), and a subscription to JAMA out of the deal. So, I guess those are good things.

In other news, I've got the big Neuroscience National Board "shelf" exam coming up in about a week. However, more importantly, my intramural basketball team won last night! 2-1! I think we only have to win one more game to make the playoffs!

2 comments:

  1. Once again, YEAH NEUROSCIENCE! I'm considering joining the AANN (American Association of Neuroscience Nurses). I would really like to get certified as a neuro nurse, but you have to work for at least 2 years as an RN on a neuro floor before you can sit for the test. I can't believe how fast they put you guys through all of this stuff. It's no wonder you have to study day and night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt - Thanks for always giving us a good laugh with your blog site! We are hoping the ice storm hits here tonight so that we get a snow day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete