Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Interview Day!

Today I had an "interview" for the "Hospital Medical Education Program" at a hospital in Elkhart. Interview is in quotes because there never really was an interview... Ordinarily that would be a bad sign. However, it was just an "interview day" in the sense that they had everybody that applied for their Hospital Medical Education Program there for a tour of the place and to get information about just exactly what was the Program would be like.
At this point, you are probably asking, "Hey, what's a Hospital Medical Education Program?"
To put it short and sweet, what it is is a program where medical students (like me) between first and second years get to spend a lot of time in a hospital observing real medicine. Its been billed as "a great way to see a lot of medicine without the stress of a grade coming at the end of it, like during rotations third and fourth years." In English, that just means that I would get to watch a whole bunch of different parts of medicine, and hopefully get a better idea of what I want to be when I grow up.
Which is always a good thing to figure out. Now this isn't the only hospital that does this, and it isn't even the first one that I've had a interview at. Although the other one was a real interview. And that hospital is right outside my door. Like, right across the street. So it would be nice to be at that one, and not at Elkhart.
Well, I guess that's about all I do got right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment