Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Monday, April 7, 2008

When is a door not a door?

Today is Monday, but that's OK, because in about 2 weeks, I get a pretty sweet summer vacation (the last one ever...)! I'm supposed to be studying Microbiology right now but I decided that I'd take a quick break and tell the world what is happening!

This past Saturday, I finally ran the 5k that I've been talking about. It was a real good time. It was in Valparaiso, and there were about 700 people there running the race (that was cool), and it was a really nice day (about 60 degrees and sunny--perfect running weather). Now, I didn't set any land speed records, but I did run it in under 23 minutes, which was good enough for me... One thing that I did notice is that running outside is a lot different than running inside on a track (which is where I've been running for the past few months). I'm not sure what it is, but for some reason, I was a little slower than the 3 mile time a did a couple of weeks ago... Anyway, its a lot warmer now, so I should be able to get outside to run pretty much whenever I want now (as long as I can find the time!). Sadly, I think I was born with the wrong body type, but I really do enjoy running, as crazy as that sounds.

So there you have it. My life in a nutshell. And now I'm off, to memorize everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment