Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

BABIES!!!

Yep, that's really the only title that I could give this... Today I spent another day in obstetrics (I was there Monday too, but I was in ENT yesterday). I guess the whole point of that field is babies, so... you might expect to be doing something related to babies. And, surprise, surprise, there were, in fact, babies. All over the place.
What am I talking about?, you ask? Well, today I saw part of a regular delivery (the good old-fashioned vaginal kind), and I scrubbed in on like 3 Cesarean sections (I know you know what that is, I just REALLY like wikipedia...). Which was pretty crazy, if you ask me. So, I actually got to do some stuff, like hold retractors, and staple things (like skin) back together, which was cool. But also, it was really cool because after you're done, there's a baby there! Which I think we can all agree is pretty awesome.

In a side-note, it dawned on me today that a during a C-section (yep, more links...), a uterus looks a lot like Admiral Ackbar from Star Wars.


Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar?!?
Uterus during C-section

Anyway, that was pretty much the whole day... Tomorrow I'm in Pediatrics, which could be interesting... and again on Friday, and then Friday is the last day of this program!!! Where did the summer go? I can't believe that it's really almost over... Of course, I still have fishing in Canada to look forward to... And then we start classes on August 11th, bright and early.

Actually its at 9am. Which isn't really that early. But it's still lecture. :(

And no BABIES!

1 comment:

  1. Did he just provide a link to the wikipedia page for babies? Why yes, yes he did...

    Anyway, it's crazy. People being born is like the complete opposite of people dying. Birth = suddenly one more person is in the room; Death = suddenly one less person is in the room. In either case, someone usually cries, and if not then there's usually some kind of social dysfunction. Hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete