Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

IKE!!!

Another week, another test to study for... that's bascially my life though :(. (I've embraced "emoticons" starting about 1 week ago; get excited!) So, yeah, I'm in the middle of studying for a pathology exam tomorrow morning. Nothing like studying. It never gets old.

Anyway, enough complaining. Its not THAT bad. I mean, I COULD have gone to med school in Galveston, TX (the other school that accepted me is located there--the head director there even called me up on the phone and tried to convince me to come) and had to evacuate due to a hurricaine! So I guess it could be a lot worse.

So yeah, I was back in the hospital today for more physical diagnosis... which was pretty much awesome, both because I wasn't studying, but also because it feels more like we're doing medicine when we're in the hospital seeing patients (imagine that!). Which is good, since I signed up to do medicine.

Anyway, I've recently added another possible career path to my differential diagnosis... its called Preventive Medicine. I was doing some research about it about a month ago (Bill I beat you to it!) Anyway, it sounds pretty cool, at least what I've read about it. If you want to read more about it, go ahead, but its more about keeping people from getting sick, injured, etc., than it is about getting people better afterwards. Which is really where lots of the gains modern medicine has made in the last few hudred years have come from (think: immunization and sterile technique).

And now, back to studying...

2 comments:

  1. Well, getting people to take care of themselves would pretty much be a medical miracle. Then again, there are lots of social and economic barriers to health for many people (along with educational, etc.). It seems like quite a socially active specialty. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyway, talking about pathology/histology, etc. Check out http://www.denniskunkel.com it's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete