Micro-Blog-a-Thon

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today was my last clinic day of the pediatrics clerkship. As always, there's a big exam coming up tomorrow morning, and since I'm just about fed up with studying, I thought I'd give the world wide web the run-down. I think the most important thing at this point is just to recap what I feel were some of my successes in the past month.

First, I did not get sick from any of the kids. Even when they coughed in my face, which is a pretty common occurrence. I attribute this to a healthy immune system, daily multivitamins (well, actually, I always forget...), plenty of rest, good genes, a can-do attitude, and last--but not least--lots and lots of Diet Mountain Dew.

Second, I successfully avoided changing any babies' diapers throughout the entire clerkship. Not that I wouldn't have if the need arose. But it was sort of a goal of mine, and I'm certainly not complaining.

Third, I like to think I saved about 400 kids' lives in the past month.

On a more serious note, I'd like to think I learned a lot too. I doubt I'll be a pediatrician (don't think I could handle the parents...), but I did learn a lot about dealing with sick kids, and I think I learned a lot about medicine in general, and how to be a good doctor (which I guess could come in handy some day).

I also learned that most abdominal pain is children is caused by eating Fire-Hot Cheetos and the true meaning of the phrase "attention deficit"!

No comments:

Post a Comment